Laser & Light Therapy
What is Laser Therapy?
Cold Laser, photobiomodulation, or Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) has been used sucessfully to treat many conditions. It is an effective therapy for musculoskeletal and neurological pain and injuries including mild to severe sprain/strains, nerve root pain, peripheral nerve pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, plantar fascitis, and reduction of scar tissue. It has clinically been shown, when applied correctly, to result in a significantly reduced healing time and the injured tissues heal with increased fuction and tensile strength.
There are thousands of published studies that describe the therapeutic effects of laser therapy, including more than one hundred highly objective, scientific trials that have demonstrated its clinical effectiveness. The following is a list of conditions that have shown successful outcomes in recent studies:
- Pain relief (muscle, joints, nerves) *Fractures
- Whiplash *Lymph edema
- Knee, foot, ankle pain *Plantar fasciitis
- Shoulder, elbow, hand pain *Sciatica
- Tendonitis & carpel tunnel syndrome *Herniated disc
- Arthritis *Skin Problems
- Acne *Burns
- Migraine headaches *TMJ/ jaw pain
- Sprain/ strains *Non- healing wounds
- Herpes (shingles) *Bell's Palsy
- Chrondromalacia patellae *Peripheral neuropathy
Additional Laser and Light Therapy Research